Embark on your study journey in Belgium! Exciting news awaits as application for the Vrije Universiteit Brussel Scholarships 2023 (VUB Scholarships) is currently open.
This article provides detailed information about the scholarship, including its benefits and a step-by-step application process.
VUB Scholarships are available to international students pursuing the European Master of Science in Photonics. Vrije Universiteit Brussel, located in the heart of Europe, offers several full scholarships worth 10,000 EUR per year to cover the cost of living while studying in Brussels.
The university takes a global approach and aims to contribute to a stronger future through tailored, high-quality education. During the initial review process for admission, applicants to Vrije Universiteit Brussel have the opportunity to showcase their technical expertise. Upon program approval, each scholarship application will be evaluated based on competence and merit.
In addition to the VUB Scholarships, the B-PHOT Brussels Photonics Research Group also offers competitive scholarships to talented scholars. Students enrolling in the MSc program may be considered for a B-PHOT Excellence Scholarship without the need for a separate application. Recipients of the B-PHOT Excellence Scholarship are expected to complete a master’s thesis at VUB and are encouraged to pursue a Ph.D. at VUB B-PHOT, demonstrating excellence in their field of expertise and research applications. The new VUB B-PHOT Excellence Scholarships are now available to all prospective international students.
Take the first step towards an incredible educational experience in Belgium by applying for the VUB Scholarships. Don’t miss out on this opportunity to study at Vrije Universiteit Brussel and become part of its thriving academic community.
VUB Scholarship Summary
- Level of Study: Masters
- Institution(s): Vrije Universiteit Brussel
- Study in: Belgium
- Deadline: September 01, 2023
Scholarships are available in the interdisciplinary fields of physics, engineering, and photonics. The program welcomes applicants who hold a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, (Applied) Physics, Materials Sciences, or a related discipline. Students in the final year of such programs will also be considered. Individuals with a bachelor’s or master’s degree in a different field of engineering are encouraged to join the program through a personalized preparatory program. This preparatory program can be pursued concurrently with a specific bachelor’s or master’s program.
Belgian students who have completed a bachelor’s degree in IR Architecture, Physics, Chemistry, Biochemistry and Biotechnology, Industrial Science – Electronics/ICT, Engineering Science, or KMS Polytechnical Department are eligible to apply for the preparatory program consisting of 30 ECTS credits. For detailed information about the preparatory program leading to a Master of Science in Photonics or the European MSc. in Photonics, please refer to the provided Dutch documentation.
Take advantage of this opportunity to engage in a comprehensive study program that bridges the fields of physics, engineering, and photonics. Whether you hold a relevant degree or wish to pursue the preparatory program, this is your chance to embark on a rewarding academic journey in the field of photonics.
VUB Scholarship Coverage
VUB Scholarship provides the following benefits:
VUB Scholarships for European Master of Science in Photonics
- Vrije Universiteit Brussel (VUB) offers multiple full scholarships worth 10,000 EUR per year to students enrolled in the European Master of Science in Photonics program. These scholarships are specifically designed to support the cost of living associated with studying in Brussels. Each application will undergo a thorough evaluation based on the criteria of excellence and motivation.
B-PHOT Excellence Scholarship scheme
These scholarships aim to recognize and support exceptional students based on their academic performance and ranking.
- Three Entry Scholarships, each worth 1000 Euro, are awarded at the beginning of the first semester of the first year of the MSc program. The recipients of these scholarships are determined based on their ranking, according to our selection criteria. These scholarships serve as a financial boost for the top three students.
- Additionally, Three Continuation Scholarships, each worth 1500 Euro, are granted at the start of the second semester of the first year of the MSc program. These scholarships are awarded to the top three students based on their academic performance during the first semester. Furthermore, students who did not receive the Entry Scholarship will also be considered for the Continuation Scholarship.
- Lastly, one prestigious Excellence Scholarship, valued at 5000 Euro, is bestowed at the start of the second year of the MSc program. This scholarship recognizes exceptional achievements and is awarded to a deserving student who has demonstrated outstanding academic excellence throughout their studies.
Eligibility Criteria for VUB Scholarship
In order to be eligible for the VUB Scholarship, candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Eligible Countries: Applicants from all countries around the world are welcome to apply.
- Required Language Proficiency: Proficiency in English is required. International students must meet one of the following language requirements:
- TOEFL-TEST: A valid TOEFL score, obtained within the past two years, with a minimum score of 570 (paper-based) or 87 (internet-based).
- IELTS: An original “test report form” (TRF) from IELTS, issued within the past two years, with an overall band score of at least 6.0.
- Cambridge-ESOL: First certificate in English (FCE).
- Note: Holders of a diploma of secondary or higher education from a recognized institution in the Flemish Community are exempted from providing proof of language proficiency.
- Additionally, if you have successfully completed a minimum of one year (60 credits) of secondary or higher education where the medium of instruction was English, you are also exempted from the language test. However, an official certificate must be submitted as evidence.
- It’s important to note that if you are unable to provide the proof of English proficiency or APS certificate before the application deadline, you can submit it at a later date instead of missing the deadline.
How to Apply for VUB Scholarship?
Before applying for this scholarship, please visit the official website to learn about the programme.
In the meantime, here are the important steps you need to follow when applying:
- Online Application: Submit your application by completing the online application form. It is recommended to apply as early as possible to ensure timely consideration.
- Required Documents: Make sure to attach the following documents to your application:
- Clear copy of your ID.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- Motivation letter expressing your interest in the scholarship.
- Two recommendation letters from reliable sources.
- Official bachelor’s degree certificate or an official certificate of graduation.
- Complete and official transcript of records for your Bachelor’s degree (BSc).
- Official master’s degree certificate or an official certificate of graduation (if applicable).
- Complete and official transcript of records for your Master’s degree (MSc).
- Official language certificate demonstrating your language proficiency.
- Comprehensive overview of the content of your bachelor’s courses.
Please ensure that all the required documents are accurately prepared and attached to your application. For more detailed information and to access the official application portal, kindly refer to the provided website link.